I was feeling pretty good about my accomplishments for October, and I did get a lot done, but then I had a look at the stated goals for the month as I prepared to make my next set of goals. I came up considerably shorter than I thought. I did well on the writing front, but on the marketing side of things I was severly lacking. I should have paid more attention to the details when I did yesterday's blog. I'll try to be more cognizant of my goals this coming month.
So, here are November's stated goals:
Complete the rewrites on Come Ups (addressing the Shep issue and any ripple effects it may cause - this is what caused my big set back in October)
Complete pitch development for Come Ups
Research potential markets for Come Ups
Get some type of coverage on Come Ups
Create Query Letter for Come Ups
Write another episode of Everyday Clowns
Work on novelization of Nightfalls for NaNoWriMo: I'm cutting the NaNoWriMo goals in half - from 50,000 words to 25,000 words. That will require about 800 words a day. With everything else I've got going on, I just don't think it's feasible to do more than that. It will be tough getting that much done, and I haven't successfully completed all my goals in any one month yet.
I'm going to make a big push this month as I know I will be distracted with the holidays and travelling home for Christmas (if I can afford it) in December, and I want to have a number of things ready to go in January, namely Come Ups.